Dr. Hamilton directs the UH Bonner program and is an Associate Dean in the Honors College. He has published widely in evolutionary theory and biological classification, as well as on effective teaching. His most recent scientific work can be found in The Evolution of Phylogenetic Systematics (University of California Press).
Professor Leland teaches Political Science in the Honors College, in addition to being Associate Director of the Bonner Leaders Program. A graduate of Spelman College and the Georgetown University Law Center, she worked in investment banking prior to joining the University. She is a board member of the Hobby Center for Public Policy, the Texas Defenders Service and the Mickey Leland Kibbutzim Internship Foundation.
Dr. Erwing teaches history in the Honors College. Before joining the Honors College, Dr. Erwing worked in the business world for twenty years primarily in real estate including practicing real estate law, owning and operating real estate title insurance companies, and speculating in real estate. He is working on a book project about federalism that he hopes to finish in 2016. On the weekends you can find him beekeeping and bike riding.
The Inaugural UH Bonner Class
- Ayodh is a biochemistry major. He works on outdoor air quality at the Houston Department of Health and Human Services.
- Matthew Joseph is a junior biotechnology student interested in reading, Adventure and good conversation. His ultimate goal for the year is to take lead in the Honors In Community Health (HICH) program in helping STEM students interested in obtaining graduate degrees to utilize the skills they have as undergraduates toward improving health in local communities and develop collegiate leaders in community health.
- Lydia Mousa is a junior English major. She loves coffee, traveling, and reading. Her goal for this year is to help lead tutors at Lawson Academy and grow as a teacher through the Homer Unbound program.
- Michael Little is a second year Literature major at the University of Houston. He works with Urban Harvest to teach children in various subjects by helping to facilitate outdoor garden classrooms in local schools.
- I'm Nic and I'm studying to become a Computer Engineer. I am the co-chairman of the Bonner Day of Service Project. I enjoy building various computer systems and pulling things apart and seeing how they work. I hope to use the various leadership skills I learn from the Bonner program to manage my own projects in the computer field such as leading a team in app creation.
- Hey there! My name is Christian Madison, and I'm a sophomore Bauer Honors student applying for Entrepreneurship this Fall. I love acting, singing, writing, and recording my own music and short films in my spare time. My lifelong dream is to be a superhero, and I think that if more people held on to that dream the world would be a better place. I am also involved with Bleacher Creatures and Honors Club Theatre.
- "I am Luis Marquez. I was born in Houston, Texas and grew up an hour away from the city. I am partnered with the Houston Department of Health and Human Services. I am a freshman at the university and I am studying English with a focus on Linguistics."
- Bonner Leadership CouncilGrace Schwarz is a Biotechnology senior with a minor in Leadership Studies. She is a tea enthusiast who loves cooking and road trips with friends. This year she will be creating a reflection of our entrepreneurial service learning style in order to understand what makes us successful and further refine the program.
- Hey, the name is Chris Tobar, I enjoy long walks on the beach and so on. Currently, I am a pre-business major looking to get into Supply Chain Management. Through Bonners I hope to be able to help the community work more efficiently and with a greater sense of unity. I have worked as an intern with METRO on projects involving community engagement, increasing ridership, and the brand new rail line crossing through our campus. Although a man of business, music has always been an inspiration from playing at the Moody Towers piano room to producing/mixing music on my laptop you will probably always see me with headphones on.
- Hello everyone, I'm Lydia, an HRM major with an almost insatiable curiosity for people. Even though I am also the queen of awkward conversations, I really enjoy getting to know people as much as possible and lending a helping hand whenever I can. My current favorite pastimes include reflecting and meditating and checking out the Houston restaurant scene (I've only been a Houstonian for two semesters so I have much catching up to do ; ) ) As a Bonner, I am partnered with Urban Harvest, a local Houston organization focused on promoting sustainable gardening and healthy eating. Though not directly involved in their gardening workshops or community gardens, I am learning how to promote their web presence and create online databases.
- Hello! I am Jeeva Babu, a sophomore in the University of Houston! I am a psychology major with minors in Medicine & Society and Leadership. I am currently working with Warriors of the Wild, Strive for College, and the Recycling team of Bonners. In Warriors of the Wild, I am the Education Manager for Houston and am also a volunteer actor, since I love acting! I am the Director of Communications in Strive for College, and I am part of the marketing team for the Recycling Team. I enjoy volunteering and helping people in general. In my spare time, I love to sing, dance, and watch Korean dramas! Motto of Life: Love, Kadal, Pyaar, Amor, Sarang Always!
- Ismelda Correa is a junior Chemical Engineering major. She enjoys traveling, authentic ethnic food and exploring Houston. Her goal for this year is to continue doing data analysis for Urban Harvest and be a good Bonner mentor.
- Chloe Stowell is a junior Anthropology and Political Science major with a minor in Phronesis. She loves Jesus, children, and good food. This year, she hopes to build a lasting infrastructure to the Strive for College mentoring program while researching the relation between education equality and international human rights.
- Name: Vikash Patel. Age: 18. Major: Chemical Engineer. Hobbies: Playing tennis, football, soccer, racquetball, cricket, basketball, ultimate Frisbee and taking things apart and putting them back together. Academic Interests: Making energy more efficient, cheaper and more environmentally friendly. Favorite quote: “What you think, you become.” –Buddha Favorite Food: Mexican food, specifically nachos. Future Aspirations: CEO of Exxon Vikash is majoring in chemical engineering, and works with the Houston Department of Health and Human Services.
- Hi! My name is Kiran Akbani and I’m a native Houstonian attending the University of Houston currently as a sophomore and as an active Bonner Leader. In my spare time, I enjoy volunteering and participating in community-related activities. I also love to travel, play sports, and spend time with my family and friends. My major is Biotechnology and with this, along with my passion for medicine, I look forward to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a successful doctor one day and helping to change lives for the better. The community partner I work with as part of the Bonner Leaders Program is Habitat for Humanity, whom I help in many different aspects, including physical construction of the homes, developmental projects and implementation of such ideas, and more.
- Bonner Head InternSarah is a biotechnology major and pre-med student. She is a Bonner Intern. Sarah, as the Bonner Head Intern, helps coordinate the Bonner Leaders Program.
- Willa Hong is a junior Biology major. She enjoys trying new things, exploring places, and listening to baroque music. Her goal for this year is to help develop, expand, and be a student leader in HICH (Honors in Community Health) as well as expanding her role at the City of Houston Health Department.
- Bonner Leadership CouncilKaitlyn Palividas is a senior Broadcast Journalism major. She loves theatre, swimming and painting up at UH football games. She is currently working on the Bonner admin team and on the Cultivating Concrete gardening project. Kaitlyn also serves as Recruitment Chair on the Bonner Leadership Council. Her goal for this year is to welcome the incoming class of Bonners and launch urban gardens throughout the Third Ward.
- Hello, my name is DaNae Fowler. I am majoring in Pre-Pharmacy and plan to have a career in nuclear pharmaceutical research. I am currently working with Habitat for Humanity and hoping to further the awareness of sustainability on the University of Houston campus with help of the recycling team. My favorite TV shows currently include Regular Show, Adventure Time, Fringe, and Criminal Minds. I love macarons, chocolate, and the Nook Café because it carries both! I am a loyal Bonner who cannot wait to see what amazing accomplishments are in store for the Bonner family this year and many years to come!
- Fatemeh Mirghassemi is a Biology major. She loves Persian Poetry, Indian Food, and religious philosophy. Her goal for this year is to co-chair an effort to engage UH students in their Third Ward community with a health focus through a student organization called Honors in Community Health.
2014-2015 Bonner Leaders
- I am a Bauer Honors student. A few of my passions are studying foreign languages, designing for print and web, and traveling. I am thrilled to be part of a small, tight-knit community along with my fellow Bonner Leaders.
- I am Patrick Berry and I am a history major. I am from The Woodlands which is in the suburbs north of Houston. I enjoy studying History and hope to better serve the community through the Bonner program.
- Justice Caldwell is a Mathematics and English-Creative Writing Major. Her goals for this year include mentoring 7th grade students at KIPP in writing and tutoring students in math at Workshop Houston. Through both projects she hopes to help mentees develop essential skills for school and career.
- Hi, my name is Danny Foelber and I am part of the Bauer College of Business as a Pre-Business major planning on pursuing Finance. Within the Bonner Program, I am thrilled to be working with habitat for humanity for the duration of this year. Some of my other passions include Ultimate Frisbee, racquetball, investing, and exploring the world around me.
- Dave Giang is a third year majoring in Management Information Systems. He is currently working on the Campus Kitchen project and has goals of expanding the program. He is the person that you will occasionally see in pictures, but will question if he even exists since you never see him in person. He is known for his photogenic smile, his love of basketball and his passion for food and service.
- Jeffrey Hong is a junior Construction Management major. His community partner is the Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County (METRO) where he serves the community through construction of facilities, improving accessibility and public engagement. He hopes to imprint the importance of public transportation in large cities onto his community and reduce the carbon footprint of Houston. During his free time, Jeffrey enjoys developing new skill sets, working on projects, and hanging out with friends.
- Bonner Leadership CouncilJoshua Monsivais is a Junior Liberal Studies major about to head off to nursing school. He loves annoying people (out of love) and inspiring people to go way beyond anything they could have possibly imagined. This year, he is committed to developing expansion initiatives within the Campus Kitchen at UH while trying to squeeze everything he can out of his remaining time here in this wonderful university.
- My name is Faith Nomamiukor. I grew up in Arlington, Texas and I'm majoring in psychology. I love baking dessert and I'm Nigerian American.
- Alyssa Nguyen is a junior Biotechnology major and Medicine and Society minor. She loves painting, cooking different cuisines, and exploring new places. She is working with Honors in Community Health. She wants to continue developing current projects such as the community voice toolbox, as well as creating new events that would engage students on campus in community health topics.
- Bonner Leadership CouncilBrinda Penmetsa is a junior Finance major and Phronesis, Leadership Studies minor. She enjoys attending UH football games, Honors College events, and exploring Houston one restaurant at a time. Brinda is the Project Head of the Campus Kitchen at UH and looks forward to expanding and improving the efforts of CKUH this year.
- Bonner Leadership CouncilRabia Pirzada is a sophomore majoring in Biotechnology and minoring in Biology and Medicine and Society. Her goal for this year is to expand Houston Shoulder to Shoulder's presence on campus while also learning the inner workings of running a medical non-profit organization.
- Bonner Leadership CouncilDane Ralph is a sophomore Entrepreneurship and Marketing double major. He loves Jesus, music, traveling, reading, and serving others with all that he is. His goal for this year is to be a strong and helpful leader with Strive for College. Jeremiah 33:3.
- Serrae Reed is a junior Mechanical Engineering major. She loves playing piano, dabbling in spoken word poetry, and exploring all the restaurants Houston has to offer. She is currently working on iWISE and Houston Scholars Writing Workshops. Her goals for this year include continuing to develop WISE as an impactful and exportable project, and creating curriculum for HSWW that will foster her mentees’ confidence in their own stories, while improving their writing abilities.
- Brenda Ruiz is a sophomore Geology Major. She enjoys running, writing and dancing. Her goals for this year are to run a half marathon and to help children succeed in Strive for College.
- Bonner Leadership CouncilNaina Sakruti is a sophomore Biology major. She loves photography, eating Thai food, and reading in the hustle of a coffee shop. Her goal for this year is to commit herself to alleviating hunger via The Campus Kitchens Project at The University of Houston and promote Bonner through captivating media.
- Hi, my name is Ashton Scott and I am an incoming freshman majoring in Petroleum Engineering. I’m originally from a little town in West Texas and I am very excited to begin working with the Bonner Program to better myself and the surrounding community.
- Khalid is a junior Biochemistry major with minors in History and Medicine & Society. He enjoys reading, exercising, and napping. Khalid currently heads Lobo Prep and aims to continue delivering college preparation to high school students in the nearby community.
- Hey! My name is Hiral Waghela, and I am a pre-med student, majoring in Biomedical Engineering. Life is short, and so am I (to be precise 5'1"). I am native to India, but currently live in Baytown (the not so well known suburb of Houston, where an Exxon refinery is located). My hobbies include reading, travelling and listening to music. A favorite quote of mine: "A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."
- Greg Goedecke is a sophomore Liberal Studies Major in Political Science, Economics, and Phronesis. He loves singing, science fiction, and his dog Ava. His goal for this year is to be an active member of the Cougar Chefs team.
- Hi everyone, I am James and I will be majoring in Mechanical Engineering with a minor in Spanish! I can’t wait to get started this year as a Bonner Leader and to help foster the growth of our community. In my free time I enjoy reading and playing sports and am probably the tallest Bonner at 6’5”. I hope to one day contribute to the technological advancement of our society and help ensure a better future for the world.
- Lydia Mammen is a sophomore Accounting major. She loves people, traveling, and her new Keurig. Her goal for this year is to further develop the relationships shes made with the students at Lawson Academy as the Lawson team helps the students improve academically, showing them their true potential.
- Jonathan Yockey is a sophomore Economics and Math double major. He loves running, sports, and all foods. His goal for this year is to plunge Bonners into service at Lawson middle school.
- Sam Scarber is a sophomore studying physics and philosophy. He loves making seemingly simple concepts a lot more complex than they are on the surface. His goals this year are to learn more about himself through intense study and to provide high quality education on critical theory and artistic exploration to high school students in the Houston area.
- Bonner Leadership CouncilLogan Martin is a sophomore Chemical Engineering major. He loves playing guitar, exercising, and reading. His goal for this year is to serve Lawson Academy students and give back to the city of Houston.
- Tue is a junior chemical engineering major. His hobbies include basketball, music, and working out. Yes, working out can be a hobby. He is one of the head leaders for the Lobo SAT Prep program. He is expected to plan long term goals and work with others to logistically and practically achieve set goals. This year his goals are to work on effectively expanding Lobo Prep to Sanchez High School, focus on his academics, and maintain his sanity throughout the year.
2015-2016 Bonner Leaders
- Teddy Rowlett is a freshman Mechanical Engineering major. He loves sports, adventuring (or hiking if that sounds better), and animals. His goal for this year is to be a role model and leader not only for the Lobo Prep project but all of his peers.
- Kaitlin Miller is pursuing a Mechanical Engineering bachelors degree and still unsure if she wants to minor in education or creative works. She enjoys living on campus and being surrounded by fun activities and opportunities to get involved. Her goal for the year is to find her niche in the serving community.
- Matt Metoyer is a sophomore Electrical Engineering major. He loves playing soccer, watching sci-fi and superhero movies, and getting into shenanigans with his friends. He is currently working on the WISE program at UH in collaboration with KIPP schools. His goal for this year is to continue to be a leader in the WISE program and to help it attain a new level of efficiency so that they are able to make a lasting impact on the lives of young students.
- Trinity Rinear is a sophomore Psychology major. She loves soccer, reading, and spending time with her family and dogs. Trinity currently serves on the Lobo Prep leadership team with goals of improving and expanding Lobo's impact on education in UH's surrounding community.
- Olivia Kuligowski is a sophomore Civil Engineering major. She is a long time member of Wawel Dance team, her Polish folk dance group. She is a Pinterest addict and attempts even the most impossible DIY's. She is currently working with Campus Kitchens and tries very hard not to personally taste test the food. Her goal is to expand the project to reach more people in need.
- Andrea Pettaway is a sophomore Civil Engineering major. She enjoys eating and listening to music. She is currently working on the WISE program. Her goal is to help any new WISE mentors transition into the program while striving to improve her own mentoring skills.
- Mason is a liberal studies sophomore, with minors in phronesis, public relations, and economics. He currently works on the WISE, Lobo Prep, and Houston Scholars Writing Workshop projects. He enjoys learning about/discussing political, economic and legal issues, nerding out about history, and petting pugs.
- Aaron Knight is a freshman Mechanical Engineering Technology major. Already wielding an associate’s degree fresh out of high school, he takes pride in his ability to bring the world of imagination to life, through his art and music. For the upcoming year, Aaron’s goal is to refute the wasteful habits of modern eating establishments through his work in the Campus Kitchen project.
- Quinn Edgecombe is a sophomore Industrial Design major. She enjoys playing soccer, jamming out on guitar and creating. She is currently working on the W.I.S.E. Program with KIPP Intrepid and helping to fight against the educational income gap.
- Michael Mathews is a sophomore Biology major. He enjoys playing the saxophone, piano, and the guitar. He is currently working on the Lobo Prep project. His goal is to implement more individualized SAT tutoring methods. Namely, he wants to form "mentor" relationships with his students, and he wants to see their proficiency and interest in the SAT significantly increase as the course progresses.
- Ethan Hitchcock is an international student from New Zealand and a sophomore studying Computer Engineering. He likes to play video games and watch TV. He is currently working on the WISE project at UH. His goal for this year is to continue to inspire kids to enjoy the writing process. He'll probably tell you about the sheep to person ratio if you ask him about New Zealand.
- Emily Thundiyil is a sophomore Nutrition major. She prides herself on her bookworm tendencies and hopes to be a published author one day. She is currently in the WISE program, but also hopes to join another project. This coming year she plans to grow even more as a mentor and to be all in!
- Michelle Tran is a sophomore Computer Science and Math double major. She loves trying new foods, singing Disney songs, and discussing books. She is currently working on the Writing to Inspire Successful Education (WISE) Program at UH. Her goal for this year is to provide training videos for new WISE mentors and acquire consistent and long term data for educational video quality improvements.
- Kiana Farokhpour is a business major aspiring to become a Health Care Administrator. She is an open book and very approachable, never afraid to reach out to someone and be the reason they smile. She came to UH wanting to continue giving back to the community when she found Bonner and how they have lasting impacts that really cater to what people need.
- Zach Price is a sophomore Computer Science major. He loves all things sports, especially basketball and soccer, and all things food. He is currently working with Honors in Community Health at UH. His goal for this year is to expand our lead education modules and to continue to grow our Community Voice Toolbox.
- Martin Nguyen is a freshman Biology major. He loves food, traveling, and irony. His goal for this year is to be an active and contributing team member to the planning and development of Bonner Congress 2015 as well as serve the community in meaningful ways.
- Chase Cummins is a freshman pre-business major. He likes traveling, singing, and being a mentor for younger students at his church. His goal for this year to find a service project that he is passionate about.
- Anthony Moore is a sophomore biochemistry major. He enjoys kicking back and playing his violin, and showing his cougar pride any way he can. He is currently a part of the Honors in Community Health organization at UH. His goals are to expand the organization's projects and finalize it's partnerships with other organizations.
- Usayd Siddiqi is a sophomore majoring in Chemical Engineering. He loves playing and watching sports, working for his mosque, and spending time with friends and family. He is the recruiting coordinator for HICH, a math tutor at KIPP, and on the planning committee for MLK Day of Service. Usayd hopes to give HICH a larger presence in the Third Ward and create a program for refugees that would educate them to sustain in the states.
- Khanh Nguyen is a sophomore Biology major. He loves painting, listening to different types of music, and playing video games. he is currently part of the Campus Kitchen project at UH. His goal for this year is to continue developing his ongoing project Bridging Borders to alleviate summer learning loss and instill ethno-cultural values for KIPP students transitioning from fifth grade to sixth grade.
- Elizabeth Joseph is a double major in Biotechnology and Liberal Studies. Lizzy loves dancing, attempting to cook and exploring. She is interested in actively improving community health through meaningful service opportunities. Lizzy also enjoys learning new things and meeting new people every day to figure out innovative methods to apply what she has learned from her encounters. With Elizabeth's experiences in health and the Honors College she will be working with the Honors in Community Health team and is excited to see the impact HICH will have in the Houston community.
- Hi everyone! My name's Ton and I am a senior Biology major with minors in Health, Medicine & Society, and Psychology. I am also a Tier One Scholar and have lived on campus at Cougar Village I for four years now. I love being a UH student and I am excited to help enrich and better the UH community and moreover the community at large as a Bonner Affiliate.
- Hi everyone, my name is Katherine Kerr. I am from Jamaica and my major is Biology. My dream job is to become a missionary doctor. This is one of my many goals because it is one way I can serve poor people through medicine. I am grateful to be apart of the Bonner Leader program, because with this I will have the opportunity to do what I enjoy most and that is to make a difference in someone's life.
- Kenan Nerad is a sophomore Biotechnology major who is apart of the LOBO Prep project. In his spare time, Kenan likes to listen to music, hang out with his roommates, and play video games. This year Kenan hopes to further improve the LOBO project to be exportable to other high schools across the Houston area.
- Keana Madrinan is a freshman Kinesiology major. She loves singing, playing with her puppies and most things girly. Her goal for this year is to help out fellow Bonners in every way possible.
- Victoria Pham is a freshman NSM unspecified major. She loves swimming, eating, and sleeping. Her goal for this year is to help others achieve their goals during her participation in the KIPP program.
- Julia Hofmeister is a freshman majoring in Computer Science. She loves food and sleep. Julia is excited to be a part of the Bonner team and work for Strive for College this semester.
- Thao Doan is a freshman biochemistry major. She loves weightlifting, arts and crafts, and dogs. Her goal as a Bonner this year is to help students recognize their full potential through Strive for College.
- Jon Ahn is a sophomore Communication Sciences and Disorders major. He loves to do hoodrat things with his friends. He is currently working on the WISE project at UH. His goal for this year is to continue helping students realize their full potential and give them the help they need to succeed.
- Chelsea Sanchez is a sophomore Education major. She loves pandas, reading, and hanging out with friends. Currently, she is working on iWISE. Her goal at the end of the year is to help in expanding the WISE program to neighboring schools.
- Robert Laroche is a sophomore Biology major. He enjoys swimming, meeting new people, and spending time with good friends. He is working on the Campus Kitchen project as well as the Cultivating Concrete initiative. His goal for this year is to expand CKUH to recover from new locations and establish raised bed gardens through Cultivating Concrete in multiple locations in the Third Ward.
- Enrique Pacheco is a freshman Biomedical Enginieer. Currently a Bonner Affiliate, he hopes to provide a meaningful contribution to the KIPP program, and become a Bonner Leader by next semester.
- Nellmarie Misuela is a sophomore Kinesiology major. She spends her free time swimming, drawing, and working as a swim instructor. She is currently a mentor for the WISE project. Her goal for this year is to support Campus Kitchen and its expansion.
- Phillip Pinell is a sophomore Liberal Studies major with minors in Phronesis and Philosophy. He enjoys reading, and discussing movies, literature, and politics. He is currently working with Lobo Prep at Cesar Chavez High School. His goal for this year is to help expand Lobo Prep's curriculum by offering scholarship opportunities and college application assistance to high school students, in addition to its SAT prep.
- Nicholas Nguyen is majoring in Biochemical and Biophysical Sciences and minoring in Medicine and Society. His hobbies include drawing, watching movies, and exploring downtown Houston. His favorite color is blue (navy to be exact) and fluffy animals are his weakness. He is currently involved with Campus Kitchen and WISE. His goal this year is to help incoming Bonners learn the ropes of food recovery and video mentoring.
- Iris Yoon is a freshman Biology and Creative Writing major. She likes animal studies and all forms of art, including dance, music, and drawing. Iris hopes to be an active and contributing leader in service for the area around the Third Ward.
- Kosi Njoku is a Sophomore Mechanical Engineering major. She enjoys traveling, reading, and learning new things. She is currently working with Lobo Prep and Lawson. Her goal for this year is to help the kids she works with realize that there is no limit to what they can accomplish both now and in the future.
- Bryan Dieu is a freshman Biomedical Engineering major. He enjoys working out, spending time with friends, and music. His goal this year is to make an impact on the world, however small it may be.
- Deborah Okoro is a sophomore Liberal Studies and Pre-Nursing major. She enjoys writing, doing theatre, and spending time with friends. She serves on the Campus Kitchen Project. This year, she aims to increase project visibility and accountability through Basecamp, as well as lead incoming members through ServSafe certification. She also plans to work with other members of her team to build a substantive data report of the breakdown of nutrients the Campus Kitchen delivers.
- Shannon Steele is a sophomore Pre-Business major. She is active in both the Bauer Honors program and the Honors College, but outside of school she enjoys (attempting) to play guitar, crafting, and reading. She has worked on the Strive and Lobo Prep projects. This year, Shannon hopes to assist with improving Lobo Prep's curriculum to better serve its students.
- Shahzad Kalloo is a junior Mathematics major. He enjoys reading, running, longboarding, listening to music, and playing guitar. He is currently working with the WISE project. His goal for this year is to continue improve the WISE program, and to work with the CHAMP program.
- Alexa Brososky is a Psychology major. She loves reading, chocolate, and going on adventures. Her goal for this year is to commit wholeheartedly to KIPP to make a difference in her mentees' lives.
- Devan Mendez is a freshman Biochemistry major. They love to learn new things in all fields, including mathematics, linguistics, anthropology, and psychology. Their main goal for this year is to grow as a person while helping others achieve their full potential.
- Garrett Clark is a freshman Petroleum Engineering major. He enjoys traveling, music, and soccer. His goal for this year is to help 7th graders improve their writing abilities through the KIPP program.
- Jaycie Truong is a sophomore majoring in Biology and minoring in Medicine and Society. She loves to read and play the piano. She is currently working on the WISE project at UH. Her goal for this year is to continue making the WISE project more accessible to others.
- Jane Wong is a freshman Biology major. She enjoys baking and reading in her free time. This year, she hopes to be an active member and build meaningful relationships through her service in Strive for College.
- Ya'nique Gordon is a senior Teaching and Learning major. She loves arts and crafts, listening to music, collecting snow globes and baking. Her goal this year is to continue being an active member of the WISE program.
- Puja Javalagi is a junior Petroleum Engineering major. She loves to swim, sing, and is a movie fanatic. She is currently working with HICH and strives to make the world a healthier and better place for the people in the community.
- Thulasi Thiviyanathan is a freshman Biology major. She enjoys running, traveling, and experiencing Houston cuisine. Her goal for the upcoming year is to be an active member in the Strive for College Program and become a mentor for high school students.
- Kell Jettson Bernardo is a freshman advertising and theatre double major. Kell loves painting, films, and rap music. His goal this year is to be an integral member in KIPP and a reliable addition to the visual media crew.
- Tori Falgout is a sophomore Pre-Business major. She loves cooking/ baking, exploring nature, and singing. She is currently working on the WISE program. Her goal for this year is to bring new and effective ideas to further develop the program and create a better sense of community within the program.
- Ankur Patel is a Chemical Engineering major. He loves tennis, billiards, and League of Legends. His goal for this year to be an outstanding member for the Strive for College program.